Welcome to the New Vault Law!
Published: Oct 05, 2021
If you’ve used Vault’s resources before, then you’ve probably noticed that things look a little different around here. That’s because we’ve embarked on an exciting new journey, joining forces with Firsthand to form a comprehensive career engagement platform.
What does that mean, exactly? It means we’ve combined the power of Vault Law’s trusted resources with the “know who” of Firsthand’s mentoring and networking platform. Together, we will focus on our combined mission of providing equal access to career insights; expert advice; and connections to you, the legal job seeker, as you navigate your career journey. To learn more about Firsthand’s history, mission, and capabilities, check out this post from Fredrik Marø, the founder of Firsthand.
But don’t worry—the Vault Law you know and trust isn’t going anywhere. Our team has been providing law students, laterals, and other legal professionals with intel on the nation’s top law firms since 1996, and we’re not stopping now. Each of our law editors has been in your shoes, and we know how daunting the legal job search can be and how critical our resources are.
We’ve still got you covered, with:
- Law firm rankings derived from the feedback of more than 20,000 law firm associates nationwide, including the Vault Law 100, regional and practice area rankings, quality of life rankings, diversity rankings, summer program rankings, and midsize law firm rankings.
- Law firm profiles that give you the inside scoop on what life is really like at top law firms, with need-to-know stats and real associate reviews about firm culture, training, career outlook, pro bono, diversity—and much more.
- The Vault Law blog, which contains advice on everything from outlining and law school exams to networking and OCI to the bar exam and beyond.
- Practice area overviews and Q&As with attorneys in those areas, which provide firsthand perspectives about what it’s really like to practice in dozens of areas.
- Coming soon! Insights from our 2021 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion survey, covering law firms’ commitments to DEI through self-reported demographic and qualitative data.
Now with the power of Firsthand, you’ll find new doors open to you as you navigate your legal career. Our growing network of mentors, virtual career fairs, and networking events provide additional avenues to help you land the legal job of your dreams. For starters, our upcoming 1L Diversity & Inclusion Career Summit on November 4 will feature expert panelists, resume reviews, and meet-and-greets with top law firms.
And if you’re a seasoned lawyer, we invite you to join us as a Firsthand mentor. It’s experts like you who bring our mission to life, and we’d love to have you aboard to help guide the next generation of lawyers through their career journeys.
We’re excited to begin this new chapter with you! But we also know that change can come with some growing pains. As your legal career ally, we want to know what you think, and we’re always open to your questions, feedback, and suggestions—drop us an email any time at firstname.lastname@example.org!