NYC-based CohnReznick is one of the 15 largest accounting firm in the U.S. Interns get a chance to work on year-end audits and network with employees at all levels. Full-time staff have access to career development coaches to discuss goals and performance, and get help with graduate programs, CPA materials, and CPE courses. The firm offers many volunteer opportunities, and is very supportive of LGBTQ+ individuals, individuals with disabilities, and military veterans.
Major Office Locations
CohnReznick is looking for talented, hardworking candidates who are eager to learn and grow, and can work well in teams and independently. For students, the firm runs an engaging internship program, which offers interns valuable hands-on experience, access to colleagues who are extremely helpful and supportive, the opportunity to work with different teams across the firm, and the time to participate in fun activities with their fellow interns. For its full-time staff, the firm offers extensive career development opportunities, including a performance coaching program, a lot of hands-on training, the flexibility to grow and develop at your own pace, and a promotion structure based on readiness as opposed to tenure.
Although the hours can be long and the deadlines ...
About the Company
New York-headquartered CohnReznick is the 14th-largest accounting firm in the U.S. based on annual revenues. In its latest fiscal year, its revenue was $892 million. The firm provides advisory, assurance, and tax services to companies across numerous industries, including affordable housing, commercial real estate, construction, private equity, financial services, hospitality, consumer, manufacturing and distribution, renewable energy, technology, life sciences, cannabis, healthcare, government, not-for-profit, government contractors, law firms, and private clients. CohnReznick employs more than - 4,300 people and has more than -330 partners.
The firm is headquartered in New York, N.Y., with offices nationwide. It also services clients in more than 120 countries through its Nexia International affiliation. In addition, for th...
- “There is a true team dynamic in CohnReznick. Everyone wants each team member to feel happy in the workplace and be able to enjoy life outside of the office. The team will always communicate to help one and other achieve professional goals, while still taking personal time when needed.”
- “The firm's overall quality of life is extremely fair and pleasant. The leading partner of our team believes in work/life balance and flexible work options. It does not matter where we are; as long as we work together to finish the work, then all is great.”
- “During busy season, we work long hours. The firm is always encouraging us to take our PTO during the rest of the year. Immediately after our big deadline passes, our hours start to lessen and our free time increases.”
- “Tax season hours are not fun, but it’s part of being in public accounting. Vacation is very easy to use, and everyone is very respectful of when I have time off. For me, the balance is that the winter is busier, but the summer is much less busy, so it evens out.”
Why Work Here
For more than a century, CohnReznick has embraced its role as a community partner and corporate leader. We are driven by a sense of purpose founded on three core values — creating opportunities for our people; making a difference for our clients; and strengthening our communities. From real estate to renewable energy, emerging industries to emergency management, our goal is to support our clients and their work in building a brighter future. The people of CohnReznick are motivated by a passion for excellence, a commitment to collaboration, and a determination to find ways to create a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We champion creativity. We work to uncover new business insights and are passionate about innovation. When you join CohnReznick, you will Be Part of Something Greater.
Getting Hired Here
- “The interviews were pleasant and enjoyable. I felt like a free-flowing conversation. The ideal candidate is someone willing to learn and to grow in the industry. They want someone committed and passionate about their practice. The callback process is very fast. I heard back the same day as my interviews.”
- “The interview and callback process was pretty quick. They scheduled it so I could have all my interviews in one day rather than having to keep coming back. The ideal candidate is ready to learn and eager to take on new challenges. You must also be a team player as well as be able to work independently.”
- “The firm's interview and callback process are very good. They try to engage with you and connect with you as well. The callback process does not take long to get an answer so you can decide in time what you want to do with your decision. The ideal candidate is very talented, hardworking, and eager to learn, since every day you are learning something new.”
- “I did an hour back-to-back interview with two people and they mostly asked behavioral questions. I got a call back the next morning that I was offered a full-time tax associate position. The ideal candidate has integrity, and is humble, friendly, and someone who responds great to behavioral questions.”