Crowe is a leading global accounting firm. Its interns get hands-on experience in tax and audit, and full-time staff get extensive training and mentoring, merit-based promotions, and the ability to move among business units. Crowe focuses on hiring and retaining women and minorities, and staff are encouraged to give back to their communities.
Major Office Locations
Crowe is looking for driven candidates who are eager to learn and who have with strong communications skills. The firm’s internship program offers students great hands-on experience in both tax and audit, allowing them to get a good look at what a full-time staff position is like. Career development opportunities are plentiful for full-time staff, and include good training and mentoring, merit-based promotions, and the ability to move among different business units.
Although busy season hours can be long and stressful at times, the firm offers staff a lot of flexibility with respect to where and when work can be accomplished, which goes a long way toward helping insiders have a healthy work/life balance. Crowe’s benefits package is generous, and the firm’s compen...
About the Company
Founded in 1942, Crowe LLP is a public accounting, consulting, and technology firm with offices around the world. Crowe LLP has approximately 4,220 employees serving out of offices across the U.S. as well as in Canada, Grand Cayman, France, India, and the U.K. The firm provides audit, advisory, performance, risk consulting, and tax services to companies in numerous sectors, including construction, education, finance, food and agriculture, health care, manufacturing and distribution, not-for-profit, private equity, and state and local government. By annual revenue, Crowe LLP is among the 10 largest accounting firms in the country.
- “‘People-first’ is a value that’s lived here; everyone is respectful of each others’ commitments. Client service will always require some longer days than others and juggling to ensure that a healthy balance is maintained. But the support to achieve that balance feels like it's here. And the tone starts from the top, with tools such as the wellness portal and a ‘work anywhere’ policy.”
- “Our firm implemented the mobility policy about a year ago. It has changed my life in the best way. My role doesn't require me to be in the office that often, so I work from home most days. By doing that, I am able to get work and personal things completed. I used to have to wait until the weekend to get anything done. It has also saved me three hours/day of commuting.”
- In general, I don't believe the travel requirements are too much; we do remote work on some of our clients (thank you, technology) and also have a 'where to work' policy that allows us to work wherever is best for our needs, whether it be from home, a coffee shop, etc. I get to spend extensive time with my clients.”
- “The best aspect is that the people I work with and the clients I interact with—it is always a new experience. I am learning a lot and seeing more than I ever will. Everyday is an opportunity to challenge myself with fulfilling work and being able to see how it impacts the lives of others. The worst aspect is the travel, but I am able to deal with it. I travel every single day to work to meet new clients. Driving for hours on end everyday and having to deal with traffic is a little cost to a big benefit. Crowe has been able to sufficiently reimburse me for the mileage I accumulate on my car and the hours I travel. It really helps out with the amount of travel I have to do everyday as an auditor.”
Getting Hired Here
- “Crowe puts a lot of effort into recruiting. We attend recruitment fairs at several universities within three to five hours of the Nashville office. We also do on-campus interviewing, followed by in-office interviews. In addition, we host dinners and events for promising internship and full-time candidates who are brought in for in-office interviews candidates. Often, students have noted that we provide the best recruiting experience of any firm they've seen on campus and feel very comfortable going through the process—from meeting people from the firm to going through formal interviews. They’ve also noted that we're very clear on our timelines and what to expect and when with respect to interviews, follow-ups, offers, etc.”
- “I really enjoyed my interview for Crowe. It took about an hour and they immediately got back to me with a job offer. Nowadays so many companies have extensive, difficult interviewing processes and ask people to travel long distances and miss class or work. These long interviews are unattractive to me. I don’t think it’s fair for a company to ask you to spend multiple days interviewing for a position like an internship.”
- “We hold a great deal of on-campus activities with various schools in the area. Last year, we have one round of interviews at the school and an off-site event with our second round of interviewees the day before the in-office interview. The second interview is done in the office with all the candidates on one day. We are looking for a great personality fit—both for us and the candidate. That is why the interviews are so critical for the student. We want to be able to talk to the person, to see how they present themselves and what interests them (especially about the accounting profession). But the student also needs to feel comfortable with us. At the office, students will be able to interact with at least six of us (not all are interviews) and that can help them make a decision as well.”
- “Crowe looks for individuals that seem to be teachable and have a thirst for knowledge and a desire to grow. The individuals should have a solid foundation in the area for which they would like to enter, but most of the intricate aspects to that area will be taught. Ideal candidates are those who show learning agility and great communication skills, which are needed to interact with clients.”