Deloitte is a global provider of audit, tax, financial services and consulting. The firm is one of the Big Four accounting organizations. Services include corporate strategy, marketing and sales strategy, mergers and acquisitions, and innovation; manufacturing operations including supply chain; sector-specific service operations; infrastructure operations including outsourcing advisory and shared services; and financial management.
Major Office Locations
Part of the prestigious Big 4 and one of the most recognizable brands on the planet, Deloitte is ideally looking for positive, hardworking, smart, inquisitive, driven, well-rounded candidates with strong academic records. Deloitte’s valuable internship programs provide students with hands-on experience, giving them a clear understanding of the day-to-day life of working in public accounting. Interns also get access to many training and networking opportunities. For its full-time personnel, Deloitte provides extensive career growth opportunities, as training and development is one of the organization’s greatest strengths. Personnel have access to formal coaching and mentoring relationships, informal mentoring opportunities, on-demand virtual raining, in-person trainings, and more.&...
About the Company
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, tax, and advisory services to many of the world’s largest organizations, including nearly 90 percent of the Fortune 500 and more than 7,000 private companies. Deloitte’s client service professionals work across more than 20 industry sectors such as consumer, energy, resources and industrials, government and public services, financial services, life sciences and health care, and technology, media, and telecommunications.
Deloitte LLP is the U.S. member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a U.K. private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL, its member firms and each of their respective related entities form the “Deloitte organization.” Building on m...
- “There is significant flexibility at Deloitte, which allows me to adjust when, where, and how I work. While I may work a lot of hours compared to other jobs, this flexibility allows me to get my job done in a way that works for me and my family. In addition, I have built strong relationships with subordinates, peers, and bosses over the course of my time at the firm, which has resulted in a happier, more fulfilled work life. Of course, it is a competitive and demanding industry, which can sometimes create stress due to deadlines, challenging clients, etc. This is not specific to my firm and is an industry-wide problem.”
- “Although the firm is very supportive of work/life balance issues and provides more than adequate vacation time available to its people, the nature of the business makes it difficult to take full advantage of the time off afforded to all.”
- “Deloitte gives us 15 firm holidays along with 20+ days of PTO annually for most professionals. It is extremely easy to balance work/life. Occasionally, I will have to work late into the night, but this has been minimal in my time working here. Upper management really cares about your wellbeing, and they encourage you to take additional time off when needed.”
- “Busy seasons can be difficult in public accounting. This is the worst aspect of working in this field, but it is very cyclical and one can prepare/anticipate for these busier times. Once busy season ends, work reverts back to a very manageable schedule with ample opportunity for PTO. During summers (non-busy season), I have been able to take off two to three weeks at a time to travel internationally and really disconnect. The firm encourages the use of our PTO to support our well-being.”
Getting Hired Here
- “Deloitte is devoted to ensuring that all candidates have a fair and transparent recruitment and selection experience and are processed timely and in a consistent manner. From the initial screening to the actual offer, the selection process at Deloitte gives the candidates the opportunity to learn about the firm and how they can contribute to its growth, and helps the firm understand the candidate as well. What is sought in an ideal candidate by Deloitte is uniqueness of individuality and the value that the candidate can bring to the firm.”
- “We identify strong campus candidates via a mix of criteria, including strength in academics, involvement in activities (student organizations, sports, work) outside of college classes, demonstrated ability to manage a mix of activities and appropriately prioritize and manage their time, strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to build relationships. We decide quickly on fit/qualifications and communicate back to the candidates on their status. We are trying to do more in person interviews again when possible.”
- “We are seeking smart, inquisitive, driven individuals who are eager to learn and grow their careers, those who strive to work with others in a collaborative, forward-focused work environment and with great clients. Our interview/callback process varies depending on whether it is entry-level or experienced hires. For experienced hires, we would normally start with a phone interview and then bring that person in for a lunch or office interview to talk to various people in the department. We want to get to know you and your experience.”
- “Multiple steps. They reach out via phone to do a screening if they're interested in you and will schedule a first interview. Depending on the team, there are usually a total of three interviews (initial, second with manager of team, and third with a managing director or partner). The ideal candidate is willing to jump in and learn with a positive attitude.”