Eide Bailly is one of the 20 largest accounting firms in the U.S. Its interns get quality training, hands-on experience, and access to senior staff members and clients. Its full-time staff have access to an excellent mentoring and career advisory program, and an “Xchange” program that allows them to rotate through different departments and specialties. The firm supports DE&I through a DE&I council and through four employee resource groups. These groups support ...
Major Office Locations
Eide Bailly is looking for smart, personable, positive, professional candidates with integrity who work well in teams. Involvement in school clubs, volunteer activities, and previous internship experience are all pluses. For students, Eide Bailly runs a valuable internship program, offering interns great access to partners and managers, excellent hands-on experience, and exposure to a variety of industries. For its full-time staff, the firm offers extensive career opportunities, including internal mobility options, valuable trainings, and work experience in many different areas.
Although hours can be long during the busy tax season, a healthy work/life balance can be achieved in the off-season. And even during the busy season, the firm provides occasional o...
About the Company
The 19th-largest U.S. accounting firm by annual revenues, Eide Bailly celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2017. Its roots can be traced to 1917 when John A. Cull opened an accounting business in Fargo, N.D. Cull was the seventh man in North Dakota to become a CPA; he was later joined by Oliver A. Eide. In 1950, Charles Bailly opened a branch office in Fargo for Broeker Hendrickson. Nearly 50 years later, in 1998, Eide and Bailly finally teamed up. Since then, Eide Bailly has grown into a firm with nearly 3,000 staff members in 44 offices across 15 states and Mumbai, India. The firm booked $533 million in annual revenues during its latest fiscal year.
Eide Bailly LLP is a regional certified public accounting and business advisory firm with diverse talents, industry experience and service specialties. As a member of HLB, Eide Bailly ...
- “The firm’s culture allows its employees to feel that it’s important to have a good work/life balance and encourages us to take time off to recharge ourselves. The fact that partners get to take a month-long sabbatical every five years is a top-down message to encourage people to take necessary time off from work to have a good work/life balance.”
- “Quality of life is excellent in the off-season. The busy season is a lot of hours, but Eide Bailly does a lot to try to make it easier to get through it, providing occasional office outings and activities.”
- “We are offered a hybrid work schedule if we want, three days in and two days out. Everyone in our office is incredibly nice and supportive. There is a lot of freedom for personal appointments without having to use PTO for ‘every little thing.’ As with all public accounting firms, workload can be very demanding during busier times. I'd love to see greater opportunity to ‘make up’ for that time during less busy times. It would also be nice if we could overdraw our PTO to a certain extent since our availability during the year is limited, but we’re unable to use it before we earn it.”
- “The nature of public accounting makes it very hard to have work/life balance year-round, but Eide Bailly does promote it as much as they can. It is genuinely important to the people I work with to be able to go home at a decent time, even during busy season. I started my career at a different public accounting firm, and I worked 75+ hours for multiple weeks in busy season. The most I have worked at Eide Bailly has been 67 hours, and that was one week, not multiple in a row. That being said, the number of weeks you are expected to work over 45 hours is more than in some other firms. For example, Eide Bailly starts requiring 45 minimum charge hours in mid-January, but at the other firm I worked for I didn't start working overtime hours until mid-February.”
Why Work Here
Eide Bailly was founded in 1917 and is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have more than 40 offices across 15 states, and offer a wide variety of tax, audit, and consulting services. Our staff and partners serve many different industries and have the opportunity to specialize in a variety of areas. Our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we encourage our staff members to pursue their interests, both in the office and at home. We are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and especially the fun we have while we do it!
Getting Hired Here
- “We conduct thorough, but cordial interviews. We aim to make decisions as quickly as possible. The firm is looking for someone who is smart, personable, professional, has integrity, and wants to be part of a team that supports each other and the growth of the firm.”
- “A candidate goes through an initial screening based on their resume. Then, they are interviewed in office by three separate interviewers and get a tour of the office. They are also given an overview from our office manager about Eide Bailly and our specific office. We usually look for candidates who are involved in clubs in school, participate in volunteer activities, have work/internship experience, and are personable during the interview. It is also important that the candidate either already has or will be pursuing their CPA license. The candidates usually hear back in one to two weeks, just depending on the rest of the interview schedules.”
- “The ideal candidate comes down to culture fit and candidate attitude. Candidates who are coachable, receptive to feedback, positive, and good team players are ideal.”
- “We are very communicative and the process goes very quickly. You get to meet most of our team during the interview, and it's all about finding out if you are a good fit for us and vice versa.”