Grassi is one of the 100 largest accounting firms in the U.S. Its interns get hands-on experience and work alongside senior managers. Its full-time staff have access to strong training, a great mentoring program, and a very generous benefit package. Grassi takes diversity and inclusion seriously, and has a women’s council that regularly holds events.
Major Office Locations
Grassi is ideally searching for hardworking self-starters looking for a challenging professional experience in public accounting. The firm’s valuable internships offer students hands-on experience, preparing them well for full-time roles. Grassi’s career development opportunities for its full-time staff are extensive, and include very effective training, a focus on promoting from within, and excellent mentoring.
While the busy seasons can mean long hours, Grassi focuses on providing its staff with a healthy work/life balance and good quality of life. There is a hybrid work option, a lot of schedule flexibility, a generous PTO policy, and a general understanding around personal commitments outside of work. Meanwhile, salaries, perks, and benefits are competitive, ...
About the Company
Founded in 1980, Grassi is now one of the 100 largest tax, accounting, and business advisory firms in the U.S., as measured by annual revenues. The firm has also been ranked among the 20 largest accounting firms in the New York City area and the second largest on Long Island. It has been named among the Best Places to Work in New York City, Best Places to Work in New Jersey, and Long Island’s Top Workplaces.
Headquartered in New York City, the firm has New York offices in Long Island, Manhattan, and Westchester County, as well as offices in New Jersey, Florida, and the Greater Boston area. The firm also has an office in Rome, Italy.
Grassi is an independent member firm of Moore North America, an arm of Moore Global, an international association with over 500 independent accounting and consulting firms with approxi...
- “The firm promotes a work/life balance and recognizes the importance of establishing this type of balance. Unfortunately, busy-season demands continue to exist, but this is part of the profession.”
- “The firm is usually pretty flexible regarding hours and allows employees to have a work/life balance as long as the work gets done.”
- “They're very understanding of those of us who have families and how that impacts our needs for a sufficient work/life balance. In my time at the firm, I have only felt supported in their mission to help everyone’s overall quality of life—I do not see any negatives yet.”
- “The firm is very understanding if you need to take time off or to be flexible with scheduling. No complaints thus far.”
Getting Hired Here
- “The firm's HR team coupled with the professional staff team involved in this process does a great job of seeking out and helping candidates learn about the firm so they can make an informed decision regarding joining. The firm seeks out self-starters looking for a challenging professional experience in tax, advisory, and attest positions.”
- “The interview and callback process was quick, efficient, and very effective.”
- “Ideal experienced level candidate has four to seven years of experience, and is well-rounded with audit and tax skills.”
- “I had a very positive experience during my recruitment to the firm. However, I know it is hard to obtain new staff right now for everyone, and Grassi is experiencing this as well.”