PwC is widely considered to be the world's most prestigious and progressive accounting firm. It offers extensive career development opportunities, including formal coaching and mentoring, informal mentoring, excellent trainings, and clear promotion paths. It’s also heavily focused on CSR initiatives and improving DE&I. It set a carbon neutrality goal for 2030, and has many offerings for its staff to get more informed about DE&I issues and take anti-bias training.
Major Office Locations
One of the prestigious Big 4 professional services firms, PwC is looking for hardworking, motivated, driven candidates with professional demeanors, solid academic records, and strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and leadership skills. PwC’s extremely valuable internship program provides students with excellent training, hands-on client-facing experience, and exposure to senior staff, who are willing to help and answer any questions interns might have. Interns are essentially treated like full-time staff, getting an accurate picture of full-time roles. For its full-time staff, PwC offers extensive career growth opportunities, including internal mobility options, great mentoring, clear promotion paths, challenging work, and the ability to drive your own career.
About the Company
New York-headquartered professional services firm PwC LLP is the U.S. member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited, whose network of firms operate in 157 countries, employ more than 328,000 people, and serve approximately 85 percent of Fortune Global 500 companies and more than 100,000 entrepreneurial and private businesses. For the 12 months ending June 30, 2022, its revenues were $50 billion.
In the U.S., PwC focuses on audit and assurance, tax, and consulting services. Additionally, in the U.S., PwC concentrates on 16 key industries that include but aren’t limited to consumer products, fintech, life sciences, pharmaceutical, and technology; and provides targeted services that include but aren’t limited to cybersecurity and privacy, human resources, deals and forensics. By revenue, it’s the second-largest accountin...
- “Client service is always going to be a very demanding field, and the shortages in staffing across the industry are making it more challenging. But PwC is highly supportive of protected time. I feel empowered to take my own vacation time, and I also support my teams when it comes to taking their scheduled time off or planning their schedules to meet outside commitments.”
- “You work lots of hours and it’s easy to feel like you aren’t doing a good job, but the culture is great and we’re often harder on ourselves than those around us are. Because of the hours worked, teams truly get to know each other and care for each other! The firm is also pretty flexible and considerate when reasonable requests are made.”
- “Like all accounting firms, there is a period of the year that is very stressful, and work/life balance can be difficult to achieve during these busier periods of the year. However, PwC provides opportunities to its employees to disconnect and unwind around this stressful period, allowing its employees to perform optimally. They also make sure concerns are communicated and heard, and ensure that employees don’t reach a ‘breaking point’ during the busiest periods.”
- “A lot of hours are required when you’re working on public issuers and deliverables that go out to the client, as there is a lot of risk involved. In a lot of cases, you have the ability to manage your own schedule. If you’re able to get your work done, with high quality, when it needs to get done, you can fill your schedule however you please, which affords the ability for flexibility.”
Why Work Here
At PwC, we are committed to developing leaders at all levels. To do this, we’ve embraced a fresh and distinctive leadership model called the PwC Professional that enables our people to develop skills that will help them grow their careers – at PwC or beyond. The PwC Professional is designed to arm you with leadership skills, no matter what your role or job title. It will help you be the best you can be so you can help our clients meet their needs and tackle the challenges redefining our world.
The PwC Professional is your roadmap to success, as we help you learn skills in five main areas: whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen and relationships. Each dimension of the PwC Professional will help you stay smart, versatile, relevant and successful.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready – to both create and grab opportunities to advance your career, and fulfill your potential.
Getting Hired Here
- “Interviews and callbacks are done quickly, and we try to respond and extend offers with minimal turnaround. We are seeking highly motivated, driven individuals with good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.”
- “Applicants are selected for interviews based on resumes. Candidates have two back-to-back 30-minute interviews (each interview with a single PwC manager-or-higher employee) in which they are rated on their responses to questions that are based on the five dimensions of the PwC Professional Framework. Candidates that are selected receive an informal phone call extending the offer within two to three days of the interview (sometimes the same day). An ideal candidate will have thoughtful responses to the interview questions that demonstrate skills related to the dimensions, as well as demonstrate a professional demeanor and attitude.”
- “The interview process is meant for the employee to get a peek into the type of people that work at PwC and for the interviewers to connect with the interviewee. I believe PwC’s ideal candidate is someone willing to put the work and hours in, somebody who knows that they do not know, and is not afraid to ask questions.”
- “Interview and callback process is succinct and efficient. I think all in all, I recruited for a month, maybe two, from the time I had my first interview to signing my offer letter. I think the firm is looking for people with a solid scholarly background who want to learn and grow quickly, put themselves out there in college to challenge themselves, and is a natural born leader of people.”