Greenberg Glusker is a hundred-plus attorney firm operating from a single office in Los Angeles. The firm is particularly known for its work in the entertainment space, with other prominent practices in real estate and environmental law. Associates here praise the firm’s culture and work-life balance. The firm has a unique mentoring program, with the associate mentors nicknamed “big siblings” who work to ensure associates’ professional development.
Total No. Attorneys (2023)
No. of Partners Named (2023)
No. of 1st Year Associates Hired (2023)
No. of Summer Associates (2023)
Greenberg Glusker is a single-office LA law firm with the opportunity to do cool work for some of Hollywood’s A-list. The firm’s culture receives stellar reviews, with it reportedly being a very friendly and sociable group of attorneys and staff. Partners’ treatment of associates also receives universal praise, although associates would prefer more transparency from firm leadership with regard to bonuses and the path to promotion to equity partner. Hours receive great reviews too; the firm’s billable hour requirement is a very manageable 1,750 hours, and associates are expected to be in the office three days a week. Compensation, as one might expect, is below market, but most associates here are fine with the compensation/work balance. Quality of work receives excellent reviews, w...
About the Firm
With its one and only location in Los Angeles, Greenberg Glusker LLP is a full-service firm with 100 lawyers. Practice areas the firm covers include bankruptcy, corporate, employment, entertainment, environmental, intellectual property, litigation, private client services, and real estate.
One and Only
Greenberg Glusker was founded in 1959 by three California lawyers with a focus on developing strong client relationships. The firm has remained true to this initial vision and continues from its California base, operating under a one-office model. But while the firm has eschewed geographic expansion, its reach is global. Greenberg Glusker relies primarily on lateral growth in building its ranks.
From Entertainment to Real Estate—and Dozens More
- “Very team oriented and collaborative. Partners make an effort to know you as a person and as a colleague, and are supportive of your growth and career goals. We have regular happy hours and outside office firm events that are well attended and looked forward to.”
- “The office culture is very friendly and social. We have attorney lunches on Mondays and Tuesdays, and happy hours on Fridays (and some Thursdays). Attorneys and staff genuinely enjoy each other's company.”
- “It’s a very friendly group with a lot of social opportunities (i.e., firm events, luncheons, and happy hours).
- “Best firm culture you could ask for. They are understanding of personal matters, conscious of burnout, and want to facilitate socialization to maintain culture.”
Why Work Here
At Greenberg Glusker, we profoundly subscribe to the belief that our workforce is our most valuable asset, and we pair that belief with action to ensure that our team members feel both valued and supported. Between a comprehensive benefits package, on-site fitness classes and wellness workshops, diversity events, and philanthropy opportunities, the Firm offers several programs to ensure the physical and mental wellbeing of its workforce. Additionally, the Firm provides many social opportunities throughout the year, helping team members to connect across levels and departments. We are proud to have been included in the Los Angeles Business Journal’s Most Admired Law Firms to Work For list and to have landed at #1 in Wellness in Vault’s 2021 Quality of Life rankings for our efforts.
Diversity at Greenberg Glusker Fields Claman & Machtinger LLP
The Law Firm Diversity Profile contains the firm’s self-reported responses to the Vault/MCCA Law Firm Diversity Survey, an annual survey conducted by Vault.com in partnership with the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. Detailed demographic breakdowns of the firm’s attorneys by level, race, gender, LGBTQ and disability status offer a valuable statistical overview, while descriptions of its diversity programs, initiatives and strategic plans provide a comprehensive portrait of the firm’s commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Getting Hired Here
- “Depends on need, but they do favor those with an interest in living in LA. Culture-first fit, so in some ways could be more selective.”
- “Strong technical ability, strong education credentials, and personable GG fit (you have to be someone who is friendly).”
- “Law school attended and grades, prior work experience, diversity, and personality. We frequently hire from UCLA and USC.”
- “Firm is looking for someone smart and confident, but not cocky, and definitely a team player. Firm frequently hires from UCLA, USC, Berkeley, Northwestern, and Harvard, but is probably open to any top 14 schools (or top 20). The person would just have to be motivated to find Greenberg, because we don't do OCI at many other schools.”