With nearly 80 attorneys across seven offices—three in California, one in New York City, one in Chicago, and two in Texas—Michelman & Robinson, LLP represents clients from an array of industries. The firm is especially well known for its work in the insurance industry, but also excels in advertising & digital media, banking & finance, hospitality, energy, and music & entertainment, and has had an impressive string of significant victories as of late. The firm puts a premium on training and offers educati...
No. of Summer Associates (2022)
No. of U.S. Offices
No. of International Offices
Major Office Locations
Michelman & Robinson values grades, experience, personality, and intellectual curiosity when looking for candidates to join the firm. Attorneys and staff frequently socialize at firm-sponsored events and the firm works hard to maintain a friendly and supportive environment where associates feel like valued members of the team. The firm’s open-door policy supports a collaborative relationship between associates and partners and transparency into firm metrics is an area the firm is working to improve. While everyone keeps busy, the firm affords the associate’s flexibility in work location and a manageable billable hour requirement. The associates are pleased with the firm’s recent increase to associate compensation and appreciate that the tiered bonus system rewards high bil...
About the Firm
With nearly 80 attorneys across seven offices—three in California, one in New York City, one in Chicago, and two in Texas—Michelman & Robinson, LLP (M&R) represents clients from an array of industries and can claim an impressive string of significant victories as of late.
Mid-Size Firm, Big Impact
Don't let size fool you. While M&R may not be as large as many of its competitors, that hasn't stopped the firm from being a major contender for high-profile work in a range of practice areas. Superstar partners and co-founders Sanford L. Michelman, a renowned litigator, and Mark B. Robinson, a sought after insurance lawyer, have added to their team at a steady pace, and their namesake firm boasts well-known appellate, class action & complex business li...
- “The firm encourages professional and social interaction through team meetings, continuing education, and office social events. Lawyers and staff are helpful and welcoming. The firm provides a positive and supportive environment.”
- “Lawyers and staff communicate frequently, and there is a genuine and sincere effort made at team building and socialization. The atmosphere and culture is generally friendly, both at the office and across offices.”
- “Lawyers interact with each other all the time. Open door policy is realized at the firm. Lawyers and staff socialize together after hours often.”
- “Extraordinary attention is paid to morale building and team building activities. Copious opportunities to socialize with fellow attorneys and staff.”
Getting Hired Here
- “The recruiting partner is intimately involved in the hiring process and takes it very seriously. We look for attorneys who not only can provide quality legal services but also will fit well in the culture of the firm. We typically hire out of USC and UCLA through on campus interviews, but many new hires have come from other schools as well.”
- “The firm is looking for outgoing, smart, business-minded associates. Feeder schools are typically USC and UCLA—they want T14 coming into the firm as a first year. After that, they seem more flexible.”
- “The firm participates in OCI. Among other things, the firm values the law school attended, experience, intelligence, diversity, and personality. Given that associates are given a lot of responsibility early on, the firm values associates who are proactive and excited about learning opportunities.”