Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve performance and create sustainable value for stakeholders. The company fosters a “culture of cultures,” where its people experience a sense of belonging and can be their best professionally and personally. Creating this inclusive workplace means ensuring people feel comfortable engaging in honest, open dialogue about difficult topics—such as bias and inclusion—without judgment or career limitation.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
A consistently top-ranked leader in IT and tech consulting, Accenture has an astoundingly high rate of returning clients among the majority of Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies. The breadth and depth of expertise Accenture is able to provide—all in-house—is a distinct value proposition, both for clients seeking end-to-end services, and consultants in search of highly diverse experiences. The firm leads the industry in commitment to excellence in innovation across digital transformations, artificial intelligence/machine learning, security, and the intersection of these disciplines with strategy.
According to insiders, Accenture is an amazing place to work if you like varied, fast-paced, and collaborative work. It is a firm with seemingly unlimited opportunitie...
About the Company
Accenture, a global professional services company with 624,000 people in more than 200 cities in 50 countries, provides a range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology, and operations. Combining deep experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by a worldwide delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve performance and create sustainable value for stakeholders.
The company defines NEW as the combination of digital-, cloud- and security-related services enabled by innovative technology. The company’s Accenture Innovation Architecture brings together Accenture Research to identify market and technology trends, Accenture Ventures to invest in growth-stage com...
- “Get ready for a wild ride where you'll be working with some of the smartest, most collaborative, and most ambitious people in the world. You'll need to market yourself internally and network with as many people as possible to build your own web of contacts…but it will be worth it. We take our corporate reputation seriously in bringing the best to our clients.”
- “My firm is phenomenal for personal and career growth. You will work hard, but learn more than you can imagine. I thought I knew a lot when I arrived, but found that there is so much more to learn, challenge yourself, and grow—when you have the culture and support systems that strive to make you and your teams the best.”
- “This firm takes diversity very seriously and fully embraces it and its benefits. We believe everyone has a unique point of view and is suited to the task…factors that impact promotion, pay, and career opportunities at other firms are not a factor at Accenture. We are a global firm that consists of people of all [backgrounds] that work together to help clients achieve their objectives as a single global network.”
- “If you are hungry to learn and willing to put in extra effort when you have the opportunity to set yourself apart, then Accenture will reward you well and fight to give you good opportunities. They will also fight for you to not leave.”
- “The firm focuses on innovation and growth, yet stays true to its identity. There are so many practices within the firm that as an individual willing to learn and experience new lines of work, you'll always find the right opportunity. The only caveat is that you have to be persistent and take the initiative.”
- “It is a huge company, but I don't feel like a number. You get the actual sense that they care about you as a person, your family, your work, etc.”
Getting Hired Here
- “We source most of our people through campus recruiting from a select list of top-tier schools. We are very transparent with our candidates and spend a lot of time on campus before interviews, helping them prepare. We are looking for people that are well-rounded and also smart. We need to be able to know they can deal with ambiguity, they have the analytical skills required, and they are personable and could interact well with a diverse range of clients and Accenture team members…”
- “The interview process can appear rigorous and difficult to maneuver, but it is because we want to invest in the best. We look for individuals that are self-sufficient hard workers that do well in client environments and will do whatever it takes to successfully progress on a project.”
- “Our interview and callback process is pretty straight forward and expressed to each candidate throughout the process. Our ideal candidate should show an ability to think quickly, deal with ambiguity, and lead others.”
- “[The process is] mostly driven through campus interviews for analysts or senior consultants (MBA hires). Standard tit and behavioral [interviews], same/next-day callbacks. Experienced hires follow a similar interview, longer callback process. [We look for] strategic thinking, client readiness, visual design for storytelling, analytical thinking, and problem solving with data fluency for strategists.”
- “I believe the ideal candidate has unique, diverse experiences and are natural leaders. The ideal candidate is a confident problem-solver, even when they are unfamiliar with the situation, and they express an ability to be a team player and listen well. We invite a group of people to do first-round behavioral interviews, and then a second smaller group from that pool to do final case interviews and closing interviews. Offers are extended from there. This is only for the campus recruitment process.”
- “I think the candidate we are seeking is someone who really understands how technology impacts businesses and has resiliency and ability to deal with ambiguity. Everything is changing all the time, it seems—so somebody who understands this and can problem solve in today's environment is ideal.”