As a hub for economic and litigation consulting specialists, Analysis Group is a rare creature in the consulting world: a firm that is all but immune to the vagaries of the business cycle. As long as there is a need to estimate economic losses and damages and conduct statistical analyses (among other things), there will be a demand for Analysis Group’s services. As a result, it maintains a very stable employee base and recruits at all levels of educational attainment, from those fresh out of undergrad to Ph.D. holders—provided, of cour...
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
A well-known, highly respected firm in the economic and litigation consulting space, Analysis Group has carved out a position where work seems to flow in on a steady basis regardless of wider economic cycles. That bodes well for the firm at a time when predictions of a downturn are rife in the business press and provides a degree of stability for consultants that is the envy of many competitors.
As an employer, the firm is almost universally praised by its employees, who love the attention to their career paths and the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects over the course of a year. Work-life balance is typically manageable for the most part too, aside from occasional deliverable-related crunches around deadlines. To put it another way, there’s a lot ...
About the Company
Analysis Group provides expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, global health care corporations, and government agencies. Much of the firm’s work is grounded in economic analysis – whether that involves a quantitative assessment related to litigation, quantifying the impact of disease on the economy, or developing a model for a client’s corporate strategic plan.
Analysis Group has provided litigation support for lawyers at more than 500 global law firms and has consulted to general counsel and senior executives at a number of Fortune 100 companies. The firm also has a robust health care practice.
For law firms, Analysis Group’s consultants help with a range of tasks, including pretrial discovery, development of economic and financial mode...
- “Analysis Group makes significant investments in its people, not only through formal structures, policies, benefits, and organizational structures but through informal support, mentoring, and genuine commitment to the success of our colleagues.”
- “I came for the high-profile, challenging work; I stayed for the amazing colleagues and growth opportunities.”
- “Intellectually challenging and great colleagues, but very demanding and unpredictable.”
- “Three main things set Analysis Group apart from the competition. First, Analysis Group has the most amazing people—everyone is kind, friendly, and smart, and wants to help each other succeed. Second, the work-life balance is better at AG than other economic consulting firms. Third, our internal labor market allows people to choose what cases they want to work on, giving people agency to grow professionally in whatever ways they choose to.”
- “Very diverse work and ability to rapidly advance and take on a range of responsibilities.”
Getting Hired Here
- “Candidates submit their resume, transcript, and cover letter. The recruiting team reviews these and then invites some candidates to a first-round interview, which is currently virtual and lasts 30 minutes. If the first-round interview goes well, candidates are asked for a final-round interview, which consists of four 30-minute interviews conducted by analysts and senior consultants. In the final round interviews, we are looking for people who can work well on teams and who have the quantitative/technical/analytical skills necessary to excel in the analyst role.”
- “It depends on the level for which we are hiring. For Ph.D.s, we do an initial 20-30 minute interview of many candidates whose profiles we think best fit and whose research we found relevant. We then select those that we thought were the best candidates and invite them for full-day visits and interviews in the office. We then select whom to extend offers to.”
- “Our process involves interviewing with HR and with consultants. Our ideal candidates look good on paper, but, more importantly, have engaging and thoughtful conversations with their interviewers. They bring an intellectual curiosity, an eagerness to collaborate, and a desire to solve hard problems. We seek a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives because we prioritize our ability to cross pollinate ideas in our work.”
- “The interview and callback process is very well structured. Everyone gets a timely response. I believe the firm is seeking quantitatively minded individuals who can explain complicated issues to a lay person.”
- “We are ideally seeking people who can think creatively and solve analytical problems in a team setting. Our hiring process consists of two rounds of interviews with a series of interviews with current consultants across a range of levels.”