The Cambridge Group is a boutique strategy consulting firm that helps clients identify profitable new growth opportunities, optimize portfolios of products or services, unearth breakthrough innovation, reinvent categories, enhance brand equity, and optimize pricing. Services include mergers and acquisitions, corporate and business unit strategy, go-to-market activation, digital strategy, marketing strategy, innovation and design and pricing and promotion.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
In our survey this year, one insider summed up life at The Cambridge Group as “all of the joy of consulting with none of the downsides.” While we typically caution anyone not to read too much into a single person’s response or experience, that sentiment was consistent across the majority of responses received this year. This is a firm that has clearly cracked the boutique lifestyle, offering all of the benefits of small firm life without burning out consultants.
With that in mind, while there may not be a ton of openings at The Cambridge Group in any given year, it’s a firm that is well worth keeping tabs on—and building relationships with—for the right moment.
About the Company
If the consultants at The Cambridge Group were your Economics 101 professor, you would not have learned supply and demand, but rather demand and supply. The simple belief that demand should be placed before supply is the principle that differentiates TCG from other consulting firms. Since 1975, the firm has helped clients develop and execute strategies that are driven by a superior understanding of profitable demand. TCG applies its demand-led expertise across global industries including consumer goods, financial services, retail, media, and high technology.
The firm focuses on using demand to help clients identify profitable new growth opportunities, optimize portfolios of products or services, unearth breakthrough innovation, reinvent categories, enhance brand equity, and optimize pricing. Some of the world's most successful ...
- “All of the joy of consulting with none of the downsides.”
- “Each of Us and All of Us culture is an absolute priority - both in how we work with each other internally and how we work with clients.”
- “Interesting growth strategy work for top companies, with great people.”
- “Proven intellectual capital for successfully driving growth and realizing in-market results.”
- “Prestigious clients, fun, growth-oriented work, great culture...why work for any other firm?”
- “TCG is a hidden gem in the consulting world that genuinely looks after employee wellbeing and work-life balance while taking on interesting growth strategy work with a variety of high-profile clients.”
Getting Hired Here
- “Candidates may be asked to complete an Excel screening, a group case, and some behavioral and one-on-one cases. The ideal candidate has the quantitative capability and business intuition to do well with analysis and strategy work, while being a good fit for TCG's open, entrepreneurial, and collaborative culture.”
- “Group case interview for round 1. Final interviews are three consecutive discussions (2 cases that were previous projects, 1 behavioral with a partner). Plenty of opportunities to connect with employees before the application deadline (coffee chats, informational/case-prep meeting). Simple, straightforward short essays (no brainteaser games).”
- “Like many firms, an ideal candidate will bring a balance of strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication, and demonstrated experience working in collaboration with teams. Being generous with time and showing a commitment to helping others is also a priority.”
- “Looking for a well-rounded, eager employee with great emphasis on interpersonal skills.”
- “Usually 2 rounds of interviews, sometimes including a take-home written/Excel case in addition to verbal case interviews. Ideal candidate has passion for helping clients grow, demonstrated strong analytical problem-solving skills, and a general curiosity about demand, consumer behavior and how markets evolve.”