Houlihan Lokey is a global investment bank that specializes in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, and valuation. Interns say Houlihan Lokey had a “welcoming and fun” firm culture and that the firm allowed them to “[work] alongside some of the smartest and most capable people [they’ve] ever met.”
Internship Program Stats
How To Apply
Number Of Interns
About the Program
The Houlihan Lokey internship program is 10 weeks long. The interns receive approximately one week of training and gain hands-on experience working alongside full-time staff and participating as integral members of a deal team through the remainder of the program. The internship is designed to provide students with an opportunity to experience working at an investment bank and help them determine their career path. Internships are offered across most of its U.S. offices, and interns have the ...
About the Company
Houlihan Lokey is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, and valuation. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide, with offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of the firm’s commitment to client success across its advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is the No. 1 investment bank for all global M&...
- “Firm culture was great, all tasks were explained clearly and thoroughly, the general attitude towards work-life balance is that work should be taken care of during normal business hours if possible, and there is a general aversion to nonessential ‘busy work.’ This all contributes to a healthy and attractive office culture for me personally.”
- “Firm culture was welcoming and fun. Work/life balance was much better than I anticipated coming in.”
- “There is an expectation that you dedicate significant time to work in the investment banking field. That said, I felt that Houlihan Lokey did a good job of providing sufficient flexibility considering the industry that it operates in.”
- “My coworkers were incredibly understanding of any time I needed to take away from the office and did not overwork me in any way. They all understood the importance of balancing work and life and made me feel comfortable.”
Getting Hired Here
- “In the recruiting process, we got to spend time with critical team members at the bank. They were instrumental in my recruiting process.”
- “Firm was diligent in their recruiting strategies but still made the process personal.”