Lazard offers Summer Analyst and Summer Associate positions in Financial Advisory, Asset Management, Middle Market Advisory, and the Corporate department. The analyst program a ten week internship designed for rising undergraduate seniors. The associate program is designed for MBA, JD, or graduate students in their penultimate year. At each U.S. location the focus varies. For example, in Houston interns focus on the oil and gas industry while in LA, they focus on aerospace.
Internship Program Stats
How To Apply
U.S. - Students can apply via their schools’ websites or on the company website. Students are encouraged to attend open information sessions with Lazard investment banking professionals to learn more about the process and our firm.
U.K. – applications should be made online via the company website. Presentations and events will be held during the autumn period to enable students to find out more about our business, our people and culture and our opportunities.
About the Program
Summer Analyst positions in Lazard’s Financial Advisory business in the United States are offered at each of Lazard's nine offices. The goal of the Summer Analyst program is to offer successful candidates a full-time opportunity to join the firm upon graduation.
In New York, Summer Analysts are hired directly into one of the following: Generalist M&A, Restructuring and Capital Solutions, Private Market Advisory, Capital Markets Advisory, Priva...
About the Company
Lazard, one of the world's preeminent financial advisory and asset management firms, operates from 41 cities across 26 countries in North, Central and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. With origins dating to 1848, the firm provides advice on mergers and acquisitions, strategic matters, restructuring and capital structure, capital raising and corporate finance, as well as asset management services to corporations, partnerships, institutions, governments and individuals.
- “All things considered, Lazard is respectful of our time and understanding that we have lives outside of work. This is a job in banking, so obviously the hours are long, but I was pleasantly surprised with how understanding/flexible people are.”
- “Lazard's firm culture is second to none. Everyone is incredibly welcoming and kind and there are multiple support resources should you ever need help. I was struck by how close I was able to get with many of the employees over such a short period of time.”
- “I've enjoyed my experience at the firm, but the hours can be very hard at times. Nothing new with investment banking, but the hours do vary depending on deal team and group.”
- “People are friendly and willing to help. Work hours are long but I get to keep my weekends to myself, which is rare in this industry. Bosses actually care about the experience of junior staff and respect their personal time.”
Getting Hired Here
- “They included typical behavioral questions, such as, what was the biggest risk you have taken, and what information did you use to make yourself feel comfortable?”
- “What is a LBO? What factors have the most impact on a LBO? Why IB? What does an associate do?”
- “What is a recent transaction that caught your interest and why?”
- “How would you value a software company that hasn't generated any revenue yet?”