American Electric Power (AEP) is one of the largest electric companies in the United States. It serves about 200,000 square miles across eleven states, providing electricity to over 5 million customers. AEP works in electricity transmission and power generation through its seven regional electric utilities that serve its millions of customers. AEP Energy, AEP Energy Partners, and AEP Onsite Partners are the company’s competitive businesses, providing retail solutions in energy and wholesale power.
Internship Program Stats
How To Apply
Students can find internship opportunities on Handshake, at career fairs, and at information sessions. Applications can also be submitted on the company website.https://aep.yello.co/external/form/WZhZ4jMu3kQqGpM5UQvUWg
Number Of Interns
About the Program
The American Electric Power Internship is designed as an abbreviated version of a full-time position at the company, gearing interns for later entry into the company. Co-ops enrolled in the computer science track receive practical experience in web development, script writing, programming, database development, and more. Business interns get hands-on experience in risk and market analysis, control procedures, and marketing energy supplies. Engineering co-op students work with analyzed work fl...
About the Company
American Electric Power (AEP) is the largest electricity generator and one of the largest utilities in the United States. Eleven states are linked to its distribution grid, which generates more than 39,000 megawatts. The company employs almost 20,000 people and has over five million customers. AEP’s transmission system serves roughly 10 percent of the electricity demand in the Eastern Interconnection.
- “The culture was great; the hours and work/life balance were very manageable. Everyone there wanted to help me however they could.”
- “The culture of the department I worked at was amazing, and I really loved getting to know everyone there.”
- “The company culture is really good, and they stress a work/life balance. The flex schedule provides an even better opportunity for a work/life balance. I was required to work 40-hour weeks, which is perfect for a co-op as you are getting full time hours, but are not being overworked.”
- “The culture at AEP is very inclusive and personable.”
Getting Hired Here
- “Great questions. I enjoyed how a current intern was brought in on the call, it was nice to chat with him a bit and see the kind of interns AEP brings in, in terms of skills, etc.”
- “Pretty informal interview, just wanted to know who I was and what I can do for their team.”
- “I felt that the interview process was great; felt in the dark for some time after the interview waiting to hear back, but that is normal during the hiring process”