Aecom is an infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services that cover the project lifecycle—from planning, design, and engineering to program and construction management.
Internship Program Stats
How To Apply
Search for available positions here: https://aecom.jobs/?_ga=2.51387745.979692129.1662659719-1386380619.1611680692. You can also join the talent network https://aecom.avature.net/TalentCommunity?utm_source=careers_landingpage&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=talent_network.
Number Of Interns
About the Program
AECOM was founded in 1990 and has since developed into one of the world’s most trusted infrastructure consulting firms. The company caters to markets in energy, health care, national governments, transportation, and water, offering services in architecture and design, construction management, engineering, environmental services, and program management. Some of the company’s most iconic projects have been the One World Trade Center, the Port of Los Angeles Waterfront, the Mercedes Benz Stadium...
About the Company
With revenues of $13.3 billion in 2021, and a membership on the Fortune 500 list, AECOM is an American multinational infrastructure consulting firm with roughly 51,000 employees. Founded in Oklahoma in 1910 as the Swiss Drilling Company, it eventually became Ashland Oil Inc. In 1990, AECOM Technology Corporation was created by spinning off five non-petroleum Ashland units. In 2015, it shorted its name to simply AECOM. Originally based in Los Angeles, CA, the company moved its world headquarte...
- “My job offered great flexibility while still giving me the opportunity to work many hours and gain experience. The office space is very worker-friendly, and my coworkers are great to work with.”
- “General good culture at the company. Rarely received a full 40 hours of work a week, but as an intern that is expected. Consequently, I was able to do a lot of training exercises.”
- “The members of my team were the best I could have asked for. They were so helpful and kind. They encouraged me to constantly ask questions. They were willing to take time apart from their work to teach me a variety of things they knew would be helpful to me. I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with as an intern.”
- “The company has a warm working culture along with a perfect work/life balance. I usually worked 8 hours a day and sometimes worked more on my own to explore the resources and learn new skills.”
Getting Hired Here
- “My interview was great. I was interviewed by my current manager and another engineer on the team. They made me feel relaxed in the interview, even while asking more difficult questions. They asked what I wanted out of the internship, while they clearly stated what they expected from their future intern.”
- “I got to meet the whole team during my interview, which really helped me get a feel for the experience and ultimately was the deciding factor when I chose where I'd be working.”
- “The hiring process was simple and efficient. Everything was clear on what my responsibilities were. I only had one interviewer but it was more than enough. The selective standards were pretty high but, you need to be interested in this job in order to be selected.”
- “I found the interview process to be fairly standard. I applied at my university's annual career fair. I then received an email a few weeks later to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was conducted by my manager and some senior members of the department. I thought that the interview itself was very relaxed. I received an offer a week or so after the interview.”