Hanson is an employee-owned consulting firm of more than 550 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, planning, and allied services throughout the U.S. Hanson is ranked fifth in Best Places to Work in Illinois, second in Best Companies to Work for in Florida, and consistently ranked in Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Design Firms.
The Hanson team relies on a variety of professional disciplines, backgrounds, and perspectives to remain at the forefront of industry trends. As an equal opportun...
Internship Program Stats
How To Apply
To be considered for open positions, interested candidates should formally apply directly on Hanson’s website: https://hansoninc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/HPS/1/refreshFacet/318c8bb6f553100021d223d9780d30be
Number Of Interns
About the Program
Hanson Professional Services Inc. offers part- and full-time paid internships in a variety of areas. Interns work alongside project and technical experts to collaborate with clients, deliver results, and gain hands-on experience. Students are invited to apply to opportunities in their primary location of interest and explore other development opportunities at Hanson in the form of educational seminars, shadowing, and networking.
Hanson engineering interns will perform tasks using stan...
About the Company
Hanson is an employee-owned consulting firm of more than 550 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, planning and allied services throughout the U.S. Hanson is 18th in the multidiscipline category in the Zweig Group Best Firms to Work For, third in Best Places to Work in Illinois, eighth in Best Companies to Work for in Florida and consistently ranked in Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Design Firms.
The Hanson team relies on a variety of professional disci...
- “Hanson's work culture is very supportive. You get to work on a number of different projects which will constantly increase your knowledge in the field.”
- “I consistently worked an absolute maximum of 40 hours a week. I was never pressured to do any work or remain in contact outside of working hours. This gave me a sufficient work/life balance.”
- “The attitude towards work/life balance is phenomenal, and the number of hours worked is reasonable. There can be a fair amount of downtime due to the consulting nature of the work, at least in my experience, but I always feel comfortable asking for more to do within my team.”
- “My manager has been very flexible about when I can do my 40 hours per week. I have almost complete control on how I want to organize my hours throughout the week.”
Why Intern Here
Hanson engineering interns become a part of our team, with a seat at the table and a role in the field — top-notch learning experiences in the trenches with seasoned professionals. Interns typically support one or more of our experienced engineers in assignments, spend time shadowing operations, work on unique assignments that support larger projects and experience the day-to-day workings of engineering. Many of our past interns have seamlessly transitioned into full-time positions with us after graduation. Read about one of our full-time aviation employees who found a home at Hanson following an internship.
Getting Hired Here
- “What are you looking for, and what do you expect to gain during this internship?”
- “What made you interested in Hanson? What CADD experience do you have?”
- “Do you have any Hydrologic and Hydraulic modeling experience? If we give you an ArcGIS project, would you be able to complete it on your own? Can you create a HEC-RAS model on your own?”
- “Am I proficient in Excel? Would I be interested in physical work on a job site?”