Iridium’s internship program provides students pursuing a STEM or corporate degree the opportunity to work with an innovative business to improve and develop their skill sets. The internships are conducted at Iridium’s Virginia and Arizona offices, which offer students the option of two diverse workplace environments to choose from.
Internship Program Stats
How To Apply
Apply here on the company's intern career portal. Take a look at the available positions and click on "Apply for this job online" to initiate the application process. Students will create a candidate profile and upload their resume. Once a student has applied for the position, the recruitment team will reach out to them to schedule an interview and assessment.https://careers-iridium.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=intern
About the Program
Iridium offers a summer internship program for students who are currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program. Those who participate will work on real-world projects that will have a meaningful impact on the organization. Iridium’s summer internship program allows applicants to choose from a variety of exciting pathways.
Those who are interested in participating are required to be studying for a degree in a wide range of fields, ranging from engineering, computer scien...
About the Company
Iridium is the only mobile voice and data satellite communications network with 100% global coverage. Iridium enables connections between people, organizations, and assets to and from anywhere, in real time. In 2019, the company completed a generational upgrade of its satellite network and launched its specialty broadband service, Iridium Certus®. Iridium Communications Inc. is headquartered in McLean, Va., and the company’s current CEO is Matthew J. Desch
Iridium operates on its thre...
- “Opening and inviting culture and workplace. Worked full-time, regular 40 hours a week. Good work-life balance.”
- “Iridium's culture is very inspiring, and there was no moment throughout the internship where I felt like I was a burden to my team. Everyone was very willing to explain and make sure that I understood my projects before starting and throughout.”
- “A very good work/life balance with lots of focus on employee well-being and proper socialization between full-time employees and interns.”
- “Required to work 40 hours a week. The culture was amazing. I felt included and part of the company on my first day. Work/life balance was good, I only had to worry about work during work hours. As soon as I left work, nobody expected me to respond to a message until the next day.”
Getting Hired Here
- “Interview process was smooth, I heard back a day after my application and had one, one-on-one interview.”
- “Pretty straightforward informal interview. More of a behavioral/conversational interview.”
- “Very clear process with the right amount of steps and interviews.”
- “Pre-screened by HR, met with hiring managers and senior engineers to discuss previous experience and expectations and answer technical questions.”