Nickelodeon has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing, and feature films. Past interns say you'll have “the most inspiring and stimulating experience of your life” obtaining "industry knowledge and practical skills" in a company where "diversity and inclusion are top of mind."
Internship Program Stats
Number Of Interns
About the Program
An internship at Nickelodeon Animation can launch you on an exciting, fun-filled career in children’s entertainment. Nickelodeon produces hits like SpongeBob SquarePants, The Loud House, All That, America’s Most Musical Family, and The Casagrandes. At Nickelodeon, they don’t have interns, they have “NICKterns”. A NICKternship is a true mentorship program where interns will get the chance to immerse themselves in meaningful projects and become a valuable part of the team. Nickelodeon Animation...
- “It is a full-time internship, so 40 hours a week. The culture of Nick is great and super friendly. It's really easy to approach people with questions/ask for coffee chats. My team was also really good with work-life balance. I was never asked to work late or early. My hours were set, but if I ever needed to step away for an appointment or log on late, there was never an issue.”
- “Overall, the quality of life during my internship was incredible. Both the company and supervisors heavily encourage cross-departmental learning, so I had the opportunity to learn the culture of not only my department, but other departments and productions as well. We were also encouraged to not only be curious and vocal about our opinion, but have fun with our employees, which made each day both memorable and inspiring. The amount of hours and deadlines given with each project made the overall workload and hours manageable as well.”
- “It was a good balance of steady work and flexibility to take breaks as needed.”
- “Great events, people, food, and opportunities.”
Getting Hired Here
- “There was only one interview and the turnaround was only about a few weeks. My team interviewed me and were very nice and informative then. They never made you feel nervous or like it was an interview. They made it feel like a conversation which helped my nerves a lot.”
- “The interview was different from a traditional interview. My interviewer was direct with what they wanted and what the responsibilities of this role would be. This directness was what I extremely appreciated and allows me to know what I needed to do before the internship even started. Through this directness and after accepting the role, it felt like my skills and knowledge can be of use to the projects I worked on and ultimately did in the end.”
- “The interview process was professional and very fast, I interviewed on Monday and had a second interview 2 days later and got the job offer within the month.”