Abbott is committed to helping people live better lives through the power of health. For more than 135 years, Abbott has brought new products and technologies to the world—in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals—that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Past interns say their time at Abbott included “important and impactful projects with high visibility,” had "lots of networking opportunities," and provided “many opportunities to learn how to better ourselves...
Internship Program Stats
How To Apply
Students can apply to open roles during the fall recruiting season by visiting the global job board: https://www.jobs.abbott/us/en/early-careers. You can select “SEE MORE JOBS” below the featured results, and then use the filters on the left to select the desired location or additional refining criteria.https://www.jobs.abbott/us/en/early-careers
About the Program
The Abbott internship program offers access to senior leadership, career development, rewards, and meaningful work across various functions, including engineering, science, finance, information technology, and marketing. Every year, Abbott hosts hundreds of interns from the world's leading universities. The chosen interns have demonstrated academic excellence, strong leadership, communication skills, and technical excellence in their respective fields.
About the Company
Abbott is committed to helping people live more fully through the power of health. For more than 135 years, Abbott has brought new products and technologies to the world—in areas like medical devices, diagnostics, nutrition products, and branded generic medicines—that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 115,000 professionals are working to help people live better and healthier in the more than 160 countries Abbott serves. Abbott values innovation and achiev...
- “The culture at Abbott is superb! I was surprised to find a corporate company that was full of supportive, curious, and affable people. People at all levels will take the time to meet with you and learn from you. I work 40 hours a week, and Abbott respects my time with an emphasis on work/life balance. I could see that employees were using their paid time off and parental leave without issue.”
- “Quality of life at this internship is amazing, there is room for creatives to explore and gather new information and ideas. The general attitude towards a work/life balance is fairly equal with an emphasis on doing things right the first time.”
- “The culture has been relaxed because everyone trusts each other to get their work done. If someone needs help, bosses are more than willing to assist in moving a project along.”
- “The work that I have done so far has been challenging and rewarding. I had very few moments with little to do, and each new project helped me learn new things. Company culture is very much centered around keeping employees around, so the benefits and accommodations are nice. We worked 40 hours per week and were not allowed overtime without manager consent.”
Why Intern Here
As an Abbott intern, you will be part of a highly competitive and multi-functional internship program that delivers meaningful assignments at Abbott, while gaining access to senior leadership, career development opportunities, and rewarding benefits.
Getting Hired Here
- “The University Relations team was very efficient in their process. I talked with someone at a career fair and applied online afterward. I got an interview within two weeks. I had one 30-minute interview followed by another 30-minute interview. They seemed very relaxed, and it was more of a conversation than an interview. I was given an offer within a week of the interview. The candidate pool is very competitive.”
- “The interviewers were great to talk to and didn't make you feel like you were being interrogated. Rather, it felt like they really tried to get to know who you were and if you would fit in terms of both skills and company culture.”
- “The hiring process was very quick. I was scheduled for an interview a week after they reached out. I had three back-to-back interviews and received an offer a week later.”
- “The hiring process was straightforward, and the interviewers were very outgoing and personable. I got a good sense of the culture of the company throughout the recruiting process, and everyone at the firm displayed the same enthusiasm and support for my development throughout my internship.”