Boston Consulting Group is the second largest consulting firm by revenue and consistently ranks high in our top consulting firms. The firm’s diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise to organizations, helping them to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact. Purpose-driven, the firm strives to drive lasting impact for its employees, clients, and society. "You will be challenged... and rewarded," say insiders.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
Working for one of the leading names in the consulting world, BCG insiders have always been a pretty satisfied bunch. No surprises there: the firm works with an incredible array of household names, sets the benchmark for industry salaries, and is known as a career accelerator to some of the top jobs in the corporate world. And yet, despite all of that, this year’s batch of surveys had a very perceptible extra layer of satisfaction—one related to the firm’s sense of ethics, which seems to have kept it out of the headlines at a time when other firms in the industry have been facing their share of criticism.
All of which raises the question of whether we’re going to have to update the sentiment in that opening sentence in the years ahead, from “one of” the leading f...
About the Company
With 22,000 employees in more than 90 offices in more than 50 countries and regions, Boston Consulting Group ranks as one of America's largest private companies, according to Forbes. The firm partners with leaders in business and society to help them tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. Its clients include many of the world's largest and most influential companies. BCG counts Indra Nooyi, Chairman and former CEO of PepsiCo, Steve Hafner, CEO and co-founder of KAYAK, Rohini Srivathsa, CTO of Microsoft India, Jean-Cristophe Babin, CEO of Bulgari, Lydie Hudson, CEO of Sustainability of Credit Suisse, Minda Xu, CCO of Honeywell, and Nyimpini Mabunda, CEO of General Electric, Southern Africa among its more than 30,000 alumni around the world.
BCG believes that in order to succeed,...
- “BCG cares deeply about its people and will work to protect them. Individual care is prominent in the culture, without losing sight of the needs of the entire firm.”
- “High levels of focus and investment in ‘PTO’ (the predictability, teaming, & open communication group) to make sure that cases run smoothly and unnecessary work is reduced where possible.”
- “One thing we hear from clients fairly often is that we are more of a partner in problem-solving, v. coming to an answer without gathering input from the clients that work on it day in and day out. While they may not always like the answers we provide, they can always trust that they have been an equal partner in the process / their voice has been heard and considered.”
- “People-focused accelerated professional and personal development resulting in international, iconic brand recognition and trust.”
- “The culture in such a high-performing environment is unparalleled. You would think that there is internal competition, but people honestly care about each other, go out of their way to help and give each other opportunities to grow.”
Getting Hired Here
- "BCG is seeking curious and polished high-performers who are genuine, eager to learn & grow, work hard, and have the potential to grow into leaders of the firm.”
- “For MBA hires, the typical process is an application which includes resume, optional cover letter, Pymetrics, and a virtual case. The decision round is typically two interviews with senior level people, comprised of behavioral interview and case.”
- “My firm is looking for open-minded, smart, driven, and dedicated people. Interview process for students is two rounds. The first includes a virtual (no human) case and a live (remote or in-person) typical interview (asked basic questions about strengths, weakness, etc.). The second is a live (remote or in-person) case interview.”
- “The firm had two rounds of interviews, with both rounds containing a mix of behavioral and case interview portions. I received confirmation of my success in the first round 5 days (3 business days) after my interview, and I was offered the job the night of my final round interview. I think the ideal candidate is someone who is a quick-thinker and well-educated, as the interviews seem tailored to people who can quickly grasp a case concept and draw on past experiences to reach a reasonable and comprehensive solution.”
“We are looking for individuals with exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience that has enabled them to build skills that are translatable to the job.”