Founded in 1995, BCG Singapore has a diverse, local, regional and global team of 170 serving a client mix of top Singapore and Southeast Asian companies, government agencies, and multinational corporations. Purpose-driven, the firm strives to drive lasting impact for its employees, clients, and society. Its social impact work in the Asia-Pacific region includes partnerships in China, Saudi Arabia, Australia, and India.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
At BCG, culture and values reign supreme. Insiders frequently mention the firm’s commitment to partnering with clients and doing right by them (as opposed to simply finding ways to extend engagements), and insist that that approach comes from the top down. As such, the firm is looking for people who can not only display intellectual ability in a corporate setting, but include ethical considerations in their calculations at the same time.
In return for what can be a demanding role, BCG offers excellent compensation—although insiders note that pay is set according to a consultant’s local market, meaning there is some variability across the APAC region. Quality of life tends to be project dependent and, while BCG does have strong monitoring programs in place, ...
About the Company
With nearly 21,000 employees in over 90 offices in more than 50 countries, Boston Consulting Group ranks as one of America's largest private companies, according to Forbes. The firm partners with leaders in business and society to help them tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. Its clients include many of the world's largest and most influential companies. BCG counts Indra Nooyi, Chairman and former CEO of PepsiCo, Jim Koch, co-founder and chairman of Boston Beer Company, Michelle Peluso, SVP of Digital Sales & CMO of IBM, Marc Bitzer, CEO of Whirlpool, Yasuyuki Higuchi, CEO of Panasonic Corp., and Nneka Rimmer, President of McCormick & Co. among its more than 26,000 alumni around the...
- “Although we are a management strategy firm, we believe that humility and understanding towards our clients is a key component to the success of both our clients and the firm itself.”
- "At the end of the day, the work that the prestigious firms do is basically the same. But the difference is in how it is done, and with which attitude it is done. BCG puts honorable values first and works with all levels of the organization to tailor solutions that will change the way the client organization works. Internally we say we ‘work with the client, not on the client.’”
- “BCG has the highest client satisfaction rate, and as a consequence is taking projects from its competitors at an astounding pace. This is also reflected in our double-digit growth rate for the last few decades, which no other firm can match. Combine that with BCG's values and squeaky clean record of adherence to those values, and it's a no-brainer.”
- “The people in the firm are truly dedicated to my growth. They go out of their way to ensure I am learning, I feel supported, and I am ready to take on the challenge. And when I do grow and reflect that in my output, I am recognized and celebrated in a way that further motivates me to push myself further.”
- “We are the largest group of highly intelligent, capable consultants with diverse backgrounds and expertise you can find in Japan. Because of our large numbers and wide coverage, we can match your needs with the expertise that is necessary to solve your problem.”
Getting Hired Here
- “2-3 interview days (each with 2 cases/experience interviews) with different BCG leaders. Very prompt call back process (same day). Seeking candidates who are intellectually curious, values-driven and want to make a difference in the world.”
- “Of the 3 informal interviews, one was a breakfast meeting with a senior partner, 2 were more of an informative QA session with employees who matched some element I wanted to discuss (i.e. a consultant with the same background etc). For the formal interviews, 1 was a case interview, the 2nd a traditional QA style interview with the hiring director.”
- “I believe BCG is looking for a candidate with sound logical thinking, diversity in background, and with aspiration. The aspiration can be diverse; to start your own company, to better the world, but fundamentally a will to create change in the world.”
- “I believe the ideal candidate did not originally set out to be a management consultant—they are typically from diverse backgrounds including quantum physics, aerospace engineering, or specialist medicine.”
- “People from all backgrounds that have demonstrated curiosity, intellectual stamina, and are not afraid to work hard. At the end of the day, we are also a people business, and you have to be good with people as we put our clients first.”
- “The ideal candidate BCG looks for is someone who has the curiosity to learn and at the same time has the ability to connect, engage, and influence people.”