ScottMadden is a generalist boutique with deep expertise in the Energy and Corporate & Shared Services sector. The result is a combination of strategic focus and a diversified approach to consulting across a range of capabilities and services—perfect for jobseekers searching for the unique benefits of working at a smaller firm while still leveraging a wide array of skillsets and experiences. If the prospect of working ‘on the ground’ with your clients excites you, then ScottMadden might be a fit for you.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
As a boutique focused largely on the energy sector, ScottMadden appears to be well-positioned for growth over the next few years. With fluctuations across global energy markets plus the yet-to-be-fully-unveiled provisions for allocating the $369 billion set aside for energy security and climate change in the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act, the company should see no shortage of demand for its strategic advice or implementation chops.
As an employer, the company is well-liked by current insiders, who are particularly effusive about its work-life balance policies and the ability to carve their own paths within the firm when it comes to training and career development. On the flipside, compensation isn’t quite at the top of the market, and formal training programs are ...
About the Company
ScottMadden is a management consulting firm that operates in two main areas: Energy and Corporate and Shared Services. While it is best known for its work in the energy industry, the firm's Corporate & Shared Services practice works across many industries with clients in entertainment, healthcare, manufacturing, high tech/communications, retail, and higher education.
Founded in 1983, the firm is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with additional offices in Raleigh, NC and Framingham, MA. From these locations, the firm works on projects for clients all over the world, albeit with a strong concentration of work in North America.
Putting the Scott in ScottMadden
The firm was founded in 1983 by utility industry executive Peter Scott, whose first client also happened...
- “Amazing workplace surrounded by hard-working, intelligent, and friendly people.”
- “High quality level, clients get tailored deliverables, employees are treated as humans and we have a voice, transparency about the company's finances and also about compensation progress, investment in good tools.”
- “Outstanding consulting firm dedicated to satisfied clients and happy employees."
- “ScottMadden has met all my hopes and expectations. It is a place that provides a platform for individualized paths within a collective setting.”
- “They have a great work environment. I came from a company that had a very negative culture so this company's culture has been like a breath of fresh air.”
Why Work Here
ScottMadden is a management consulting firm with deep knowledge in Energy and Corporate & Shared Services. We are a perfect fit for those that thrive in a smaller firm that allows you access to partners with a wide array of skill sets and experiences ranging from strategic planning through implementation across many industries, businesses, and functions. ScottMadden is a diverse team that values the uniqueness of each of our employees. The differences in our backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are part of what makes our firm exceptional.
Getting Hired Here
- “I believe the firm looks for intelligent, trainable, polished, and non-egotistic people.”
- “I feel more than anything the firm is looking for employees that will be a good fit for the current employees they have - culture fit reigns supreme.”
- “Lots of MBA recruiting, and a few more pre-MBA positions than in year's past. The ideal candidate is hard-working, flexible, agreeable, and can think on their feet. You don't have to be the smartest person in the room, but you should be organized, driven, articulate, and constantly guiding the client toward the big picture objective.”
- “The ideal candidate fits the firm's culture, is able to do the work well, and is genuinely collaborative. It is not an environment for someone looking to get ahead at the expense of others. It is a great culture and that is evident from recruitment to retirement.”
- “The process is straight forward and short. We don't prolong the process unnecessarily. We look for smart, confident but not arrogant people, that are willing to roll up their sleeves and work.”