Strategy& is the consulting business of professional services firm PricewaterhouseCoopers, aka PwC, one of the largest professional services networks in the world and one of the Big Four accounting firms. Combining strategy consulting expertise with the capabilities of the PwC network, Strategy& helps clients solve issues—from devising a corporate strategy to building capabilities by transforming functions and business units.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
If the past decade or so has been interesting for Strategy&—including launching a whole new brand inside of one of the best-known professional services firms in the world, plus the small matter of a global pandemic—the next few years look set to be, well, potentially just as interesting. Having achieved a degree of success with the Strategy& brand that many critics and industry naysayers felt was beyond the firm, we are now entering an age where the Big 4 are once again voluntarily divesting their advisory businesses, in order to be able to compete for more business.
Of course, there are no concrete indications that PwC/Strategy& are thinking along the same lines, but the concept is something that should at least be on the minds of anyone ...
About the Company
Strategy& is PwC’s global strategy consulting business formed through the acquisition of Booz & Company by PwC in 2014. Today, Strategy& is PwC’s global strategy consulting business, and brings more than 100 years of experience helping global clients solve their toughest problems. To support its clients, Strategy& places a heavy emphasis on foresight and innovative thinking as well as a collaborative approach—a trait that goes all the way back to founder Edwin Booz.
As the only at-scale strategy business that’s part of a global professional services network, Strategy& embeds its strategy capabilities with frontline teams across PwC to support clients from strategy to execution. The result is an authentic strategy process powerful enough to capture possibility, while pragmatic enough to ensure...
- “A lot of the things are very similar to our competitors, but one thing that makes the work at Strategy& unique is that if we have the drive to initiate something (a new initiative, team event, knowledge platform, etc.) we will almost always receive the support and backing for it - making our work feel impactful!”
- “Great firm with tremendously talented and motivated team members. Highly focused on collaboration and working together with clients. Great opportunities for team members to take ownership, even at junior levels.”
- “It is a great place to develop one's business and consulting skills, with great traction in the market in terms of volume of business. Great compensation under many aspects, base, bonus, and benefits.”
- “Strategy& ME offers a great opportunity to launch one's career and provides MBA sponsorships to virtually all consultants who spend 2+ years with the firm. It stands out with its collegial culture where everyone is invested in helping everyone else grow and improve, across cohorts and levels.”
- “Yes, our company is smaller compared to some competitors but exactly this is what drives the personal note in our office culture and interaction.”
Getting Hired Here
- “Callback process is very smooth! The ideal candidate would have shown strong leadership capabilities and is in general a high achiever.”
- “Graduates: 4 interviews on 1 day—first two positive candidate proceeds to next stage. (first two typically by managers / directors; second two interviews by directors / partners).”
- “Interview and callback process was really positive - one virtual interview (divided in two interviews 1) general interview, getting to know each other 2) Case studies), one in the home office, and one final call with the responsible partner. I got feedback really fast, always in around 1-2 weeks.”
- “One-day process in two phases: Morning first round with 2 interviews, (if positive feedback:) afternoon second round with two interviews, final answer still on the same day. Ideal candidate: authentic, intelligent, concise communication, energized, structured thinking, creativity and business acumen.”
- “The interview and callback process were really fast which I appreciated. I quickly learned that I had passed the interviews after taking them. Also, the interviewers were really good at giving feedback on my performance at the end of the interviews which helped me a lot to improve for the next interview. They sought for a candidate that was confident, logical and had good analytical skills.”