BDO is a global accounting and advisory firm and one of the most prestigious CPA firms in the U.S. Its internship program gives students hands-on experience while they work alongside senior managers. Past interns say at BDO interns get to "get in and get their hands dirty," that it's remarkable "how much you learn so fast," and that "partners in the office were great and had an open door policy."
Internship Program Stats
How To Apply
Interested students should apply https://www.bdo.com/careers/students. Can also visit our events calendar to find local events near you. https://www.bdo.com/careers/students/events-internships-students/campus-events-internshipshttp://mycareer.bdo.com
Number Of Interns
About the Program
BDO is a place for energetic self-starters who can think and act like entrepreneurs. The firm offers multiple internship programs: core tax, specialized tax services, audit/assurance, advisory, BDO digital, and core business services.
Core Tax Internship
The Core Tax Services intern is responsible for utilizing their educational background as well as organizational skills in the service of firm's client base through the preparation of returns a...
About the Company
Across the U.S., and in over 160 countries through its global organization, BDO professionals provide assurance, tax and advisory services for a diverse range of clients. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO USA is the sixth-largest ...
- “A work/life balance was heavily emphasized immediately when I started my internship. I have been encouraged throughout to ask for help when needed and only take on projects I am certain I have the time and energy to manage. Most staff and managers role-model a healthy work/life balance and openly discuss when they are feeling overwhelmed by their workload and how the team can support each other to timely complete assignments and avoid burnout.”
- “The firm culture at my specific location was exceptional. There was a great attitude, and during weeks of deadlines, there was always a positive and encouraging push. The work hours were fair and the flexibility, as an intern, exceeded my expectations.”
- “As an intern, I could only work 40 hours a week. With that said, I know when I start full-time that my hours will be lengthened a bit, but I still was able to get a great experience. There is a good work-life balance, a culture that aligns well with my beliefs, and nice flexibility.”
- “My office was extremely accepting of me and everyone was very nice and helpful. The hours we work were pretty long, but my senior and I set up ways to get our work done so that we would have shorter days on certain days (such as Fridays). As long as you have good time management, it’s easy to get a good routine going that will keep you motivated.”
Why Intern Here
At BDO, we believe in putting the right people in the right environment, positioning talented people in the places where they have the best chances to thrive. Whether your interests lie in assurance or tax, in real estate or biotech, BDO offers a variety of options and opportunities to help you discover your strengths, build your skills, and grow as a professional. As an intern or associate, you’ll get the chance to make a real impact the moment you arrive in the office. You’ll participate in a wide variety of projects, working in a wide range of industries, and for an even wider range of clients.
Getting Hired Here
- “I enjoyed that the interview process was relatively informal, with the focus seemingly on getting to know the candidates better.”
- “I really enjoyed BDO's hiring process. I had both in-person and virtual interviews. The interviews were very relaxed and helped me get to know the firm a lot better.”
- “I was introduced to BDO at a career fair and had one interview afterwards where I was offered the position by the end of it. I greatly appreciated that I wasn't strung along through a slew of interviews.”
- “Hiring process was quick and easy. I felt well updated by my recruiter throughout the process. The people I interviewed with were those who I worked with during my internship, which helped me connect to people during my first week.”