Economic consulting firms are generally known for the data-intensive and rigorously analytic nature of their work. While Bates White is no different, the firm seeks to differentiate itself through its bright and passionate people. It’s a firm that invests heavily in professional development and building a close-knit, collaborative culture. Past summer interns praise how "the firm puts immense emphasis on quality of life." They highlight “the work was intellectually challenging and the people within Bates White are incredibly ...
Internship Program Stats
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your application via the company website (https://www.bateswhite.com/careers-openings.html). Please be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and transcript.
Number Of Interns
About the Program
The Bates White Summer Consultant Program is an intensive 10-week internship that provides rising seniors with an opportunity to develop knowledge, skills, and abilities while making meaningful contributions to the firm. Participants receive extensive training and perform a mix of challenging and interesting quantitative and qualitative assignments. They work side-by-side with experienced professionals and interact with senior-level staff. Sponsors and Peer Coaches provide mentoring and help ...
About the Company
Bates White is a midsized consultancy specializing in advanced economic, financial, and econometric analysis. The company's professional staff—among them economists, econometricians, financial analysts, and IT specialists—help law firms, corporations, and government entities address complex matters that require sophisticated problem solving and deep empirical analysis.
- “The quality of life at my internship was extremely high. We went on several intern-specific events, such as a professional soccer game, a sailing trip, and dinner with firm leadership. The overall culture was very welcoming, and while I was given meaningful work within a week of my start date, I felt comfortable reaching out for help as often as I needed to. I generally worked around 45 hours per week, and interns were generally discouraged from working long hours.”
- “Hours are usually consistent 45 hours a week with an occasional busy period. Coworkers are very collegial. Firm leadership cares about your development and is always willing to help.”
- “The firm puts immense emphasis on quality of life. They allow full-time employees to work from home twice a week, provide numerous meals, and allow for several community events for workplace bonding.”
- “Quality of life is excellent for interns! It is very clear that work/life balance is important, and you do not need to work more than 40-45 hours in a week.”
Getting Hired Here
- “The interviewers were very kind, patient, and genuinely interested. The application process was typical of the industry, with initial application, and then a shorter interview, and then a super day with about 3-4 hours’ worth of interviews and case interviews. The interviews were more focused on assessing genuine interest and quantitative skill rather than specific background knowledge.”
- “Two interviews with expectations clearly outlined. Interviews not incredibly challenging, both involved case and behavioral interviews.”
- “The recruitment process at BW is very streamlined and not intended to trip you up. I felt at ease and was ultimately able to perform better during the interview process, which is indicative of BW's company culture.”
- “The interview process was not particularly elaborate or difficult. I went through a first-round interview and a final interview, which was about half of a day, including case and behavioral components. I believe Bates White was highly selective in choosing from their applicants.”