Bain & Company may operate presence in dozens of countries—with more than 20 offices in Europe, the Middle East & Africa—but that doesn’t keep the “heart” of the Big Three from functioning as one firm. Whichever path you pursue (and there are many), you’re sure to receive the same quintessential Bain experience that Bainies around the world say make this one of the most rewarding and enriching firms to join.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
A true global powerhouse—both within the industry and beyond—Bain is a career accelerator par excellence. With best in class training, development and mentoring programs, plus access to C-Suites at some of the biggest names in global business, this is a company that equips consultants to become the business leaders of tomorrow.
As the most employee-focused member of the “Big 3”, Bain is the best bet for top-tier candidates who are seeking a firm with a truly collaborative culture, and that lives up to its word (most of the time) on achieving work-life balance even at the very summit of the consulting industry.
About the Company
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 64 cities in 39 countries, the firm works alongside clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. Bain & Company complements its tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Its 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings its talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development and the environment. Since the founding of Bain & Company in 1973, it has measured its success by the success of its clients, and p...
- “Bain has by far the best culture of McK, Boston Consulting Group and Bain. However, staffing opportunities are better with the other two.”
- “Hard work at a great organisation with great people.”
- “If you're looking at enjoying your time while cracking the world's toughest questions, Bain & Company is the right firm. I am incredibly grateful for the great mentoring and leadership here and know that I can count on my colleagues 100%, always. This spirit and the quality of work we deliver makes Bain & Company truly unique - I could not imagine switching to any other consulting firm.”
- “Our commitment to doing what is right for clients, beyond just financial value (also incorporating environment, social and governance factors).”
- “The natural approach to help someone out is deeply rooted in the firm. It doesn't matter if you are an intern writing to a partner, you will usually get quick and helpful response. For example, I once wrote a question to our Singapore office (as I had no clue about some market dynamics there) and received 5 responses within 30 minutes.”
Why Work Here
At Bain, we work with bold clients who want to define the future, not hide from it. We solve transformative challenges by working alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building our extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can bring your whole self to work.
We know your priorities can shift as your life changes. At every point, we make sure you have what you need for a long, productive and fulfilling career with us.
We never let one another fail. It’s a simple motto, but one we live by every day.
Getting Hired Here
- “1st round interviews are CV agnostic to mitigate biases. The perfect candidate shows that he's smart while staying down-to-earth."
- “Callback process: generally very fast (we were the first to have all interviews in one run, and an answer at the end of the day).”
- “Ideal candidate: well rounded, sharp / bright mind as a problem solver, good numerical skills a ‘must have’ within a reasonably mature person that is articulate and pleasant to work with.”
- “Someone who is extremely analytically minded, fast-thinking and has an enthusiastic and positive nature. Field of study does not matter, can be far outside business, we even have history and philosophy students.”
- “We look for diverse candidates and go the extra mile to hire them.”