The consulting industry might be inherently global, but it was Bain & Company that broke ground in the Chinese market in 1993 by becoming the first global strategic consultancy to establish an office in Beijing. Today, the firm is a standard-bearer of the industry in the Asia-Pacific markets, with offices in more than a dozen countries in the region.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
There’s no disputing Bain’s position at the very pinnacle of the consulting profession—and even less room to argue that it provides the best overall employee experience of any of the firms that breathe the same rarefied air it occupies. Year after year, in every region of the world, Bainies take our survey to rave about every aspect of their work life, from generous compensation and thoughtful perks to challenging assignments and well-designed training and development plans.
This year is no different: consultants in APAC once again come in singing their firm’s praises—something that is made possible by the firm’s truly global governance model. As such, there is little more for us to do than to underline that, if you’re thinking about a career at the top of the co...
About the Company
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change-makers define the future. Across 64 cities in 39 countries, the firm works alongside clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. Bain & Company complements its tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Its 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings its talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. Since the founding of Bain & Company in 1973, it has measured its success by the success of its clien...
- “A truly wonderful place to work. I can't imagine working anywhere else.”
- “Best in class culture and genuine focus on people development and happiness.”
- “Everything I'd hoped for, more than I imagined. Life-changing friends, learning and opportunities.”
- “Our recruiting process is designed to give you a 360-degree view of Bain, so invest to get to know us as we invest to get to know you. Then we can all make really well-informed decisions that will lead to you having a great career.”
- “Unique culture.”
Why Work Here
At Bain, we work with bold clients who want to define the future, not hide from it. We solve transformative challenges by working alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building our extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can bring your whole self to work.
We know your priorities can shift as your life changes. At every point, we make sure you have what you need for a long, productive and fulfilling career with us.
We never let one another fail. It’s a simple motto, but one we live by every day.
Getting Hired Here
- “High IQ, High EQ, High RQ. This is not an easy job to thrive in. Our recruiting process is well tuned to identify all sorts of people who might flourish at Bain.”
- “People who can work in teams; who have the ability and interest to crack tough business problems; who can communicate clearly and with confidence. Increasingly we also seek more technical skills such as people with technology, data science, innovation and design, or people with deep industry expertise relevant to our clients.”