Jump-Start Your Career
If you're an ambitious undergraduate or a professional a few years out of college, we want you to explore our Associate Consultant (AC) role.
As an associate consultant, you’ll apply and develop your analytical, interpersonal, creative thinking, business management and leadership skills from day one. You'll gain general management exposure and be placed in the thick of the action, as you work side by side with some of the best consultants in the business.
What You'll Do
Every day is different, but here's a sample of what you can expect to experience and accomplish:
- Work on a case team with three to five other consultants, owning a distinct aspect of the project
- Take charge of identifying information sources, gathering and interpreting data, executing analysis, and presenting findings to case team members and client stakeholders
- Interview clients' customers, competitors, suppliers and employers—work that will become the basis of the case team's strategic recommendations
- After accumulating appropriate experience, take responsibility for supervising more junior ACs
What to expect in your case interview
The problems you will encounter are not designed to be brainteasers, or theoretical problems designed to stump you, but rather to reflect the challenges that our clients face. We love this format because we get to discuss cases based on our own client work.
What we look for:
- The approach you take to solving a problem
- How analytical and creative your thinking is
- Your usage of data to quantify and make your recommendations
- Your communication skills in conveying your ideas
- How you would suggest implementing these proposals