McKinsey consultants work in collaborative teams, have opportunities to make meaningful impact, and engage in challenges to stretch their abilities and further their expertise. McKinsey provides a culture that is distinctive and inclusive, focused on a personalized, flexible, dynamic environment that delivers high-performing and sustainable results. The firm is creating conditions for its colleagues to author their own journey and advance based on individual skills and impact.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
McKinsey needs no introduction, and very little in the way of explanation as to its capabilities and reputation. There’s a reason that the firm has been at or near the top of our prestige rankings in every region of the world for years—and it’s the same reason that make it perhaps the most sought-after name on aspiring consultants’ lists of potential employers. Put simply, this is a firm with clout on a global scale. And, while it’s had its share of negative headlines in the past couple of years, there’s little sense that that clout has diminished at all—or, for that matter, its ability to pull in the hardest problems from the world’s most prominent organizations.
With that in mind, there’s little surprise in finding that its consultants continue to rave about ev...
About the Company
McKinsey & Company is a privately owned management consulting firm committed to accelerating sustainable and inclusive growth. Roundly considered the most prestigious company of its kind, it has achieved a near-universal level of renown by combining transformative technologies and a range of capabilities and working models. The firm’s practice areas address strategic, organizational, operational, and technological issues that challenge its clients.
McKinsey’s work encompasses everything from tech-enabled transformations to climate transition journeys to implementation and change. While it doesn't share the names of its clients, the firm does claim to serve roughly 90 of the top-100 corporations worldwide and more than 80 of the 100 largest U.S.-based companies on their most important challenges in a digital and da...
- “The culture is remarkable. I have never worked in an organization that is so committed to enabling and supporting their staff to succeed. The warmth and inclusiveness alongside cannot be matched. But what is humbling is also the continued push to improve inclusiveness and to accept all feedback.
The downside is similar to that of the entire consulting industry: Lifestyle challenges. However, the firm does a lot to enable people to find their sustainable performance model, and offers the largest upside in terms of colleagues, culture, development opportunities, and appreciation.”
- “A firm which values diverse mindsets and allows for development.”
- “Best place to work for, most interesting and smart people, most exciting clients and engagements, highest reputation, most challenging recruiting process.”
- “I really like the people and culture - my main recommendation would be to come meet us and find out whether it suits you, too.”
- “My firm goes above and beyond to not only recruit, develop, and retain great colleagues but to build the global leaders of tomorrow.”
- “We're open to speak about our experiences. Connect with one of us and help us understand your priorities.”
Getting Hired Here
- “Callback process is super quick with less than 2 weeks recruiting time.”
- “I received a call back within a week, informing me that I made it.”
- “Very professional interview process.”
- “We are seeking for inclusive (i.e. team player) candidates with strong analytical skills and the motivation to develop constantly.”