As the first consultancy native to Europe to expand internationally, Roland Berger’s identity is deeply entwined with the concept of global community. The firm operates on the idea that businesses must focus on the long play: sustainable economic, environmental, and social change on a global scale instead. Jobseekers who lead with heart and future-forward priorities should seek out a firm working actively to bring meaning to the consulting industry.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
Roland Berger is enjoying a period of sustained—and seemingly sustainable—growth within the US at present. The reasons for that aren’t hard to pick out: in addition to the myriad challenges faced by its core clientele in the auto industry, the firm has also been expanding into other areas—and doing so with both backing and expertise from its European base.
All of which adds up to an environment that is exciting for consultants who are seeking global opportunities with a focus on work-life balance. Insiders note that the firm’s practices have remained flexible since the pandemic, and that quality of life is an important consideration for leadership. Or to put it another way: Roland Berger is a firm where both careers, and the firm, h...
About the Company
From its humble beginnings as a one-man consulting firm, Roland Berger has grown forcefully and developed a sizable global footprint. The market leader in Germany and the only native European consultancy to boast an international presence, its 3,000 employees today work from 51 offices spanning 35 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and North and South America. The company provides a diverse array of consulting services to many of the world's largest corporations across a broad spread of industries, from automotive engineering, construction and chemicals to consumer goods, energy, environmental technology, financial services, machinery, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, public services, rail, telecommunications, travel and tourism.
One man, one vision
Roland Berger founded t...
- “Extremely hard work with extremely empathetic colleagues.”
- “I would say what sets us apart from the competition is our employees' authenticity and low ego. In consulting there is the stigma of cocky and arrogant individuals who steamroll others for their own gain. At Roland Berger, I've seen none of that. People support each other, share their knowledge, and collaborate for the good of the team and the client. Our employees know how to do the work and do it well and there's no need to put on a show to have others know that. We are down-to-earth, hard-working people.”
- “Lots of opportunity to grow with many international opportunities.”
- “RB is a growing firm in the United States with significant near-term opportunities to win strategy projects across multiple untapped industries.”
- “Roland Berger provides a truly international perspective with vast technical experience in multiple domains.”
Getting Hired Here
- “Looking for someone who is highly motivated/entrepreneurial, articulate and a cultural addition.”
- “We are looking for authentic and entrepreneurial candidates who are curious and want to make a difference in the world. We encourage our employees to ‘Be the Original You’ and we want to see this come through in the interview process as well.”
- “Diversity plays an important role in our selection process – we value diverse talents, strengths and perspectives; diverse teams create the most innovative and sustainable solutions.”
- “RB strives to find candidates keen on being part of RB. Network and ensure RB consultants know you are interested in the firm.”
- “We have 2 phases. In the first phase, we have a 45-60 min interview that is split into a case and a fit portion. Phase 2 has 3 interviews (business knowledge, fit, and case). We are looking for people willing to learn and to help us continue to develop the business.”