Roland Berger—the first European consultancy to expand internationally—entered the Asia-Pacific regions with the establishment of its Tokyo office in 1991. More than three decades later, the firm operates in Greater China, South Korea, India, and throughout Southeast Asia as a critical partner to some of the biggest players in these markets. Consider Roland Berger for a rare chance to join a well-established institution in one of the world’s fastest growing regions.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
Roland Berger’s European heritage is a feature that many of its consultants across the APAC region love about their company. From the firm’s approach to work life balance to its industry-leading sustainability commitments, Roland Berger insiders regularly cite those roots as a key factor underlining their overall job satisfaction.
On a day-to-day basis, the company offers strong compensation packages, regular training and career development opportunities, and a great deal of flexibility about working location and hours. With insiders predicting a string of recent positive results to continue throughout 2023, this is a firm for those who want to play a role in continuing to build a challenger brand throughout the region—with the potential for international transfe...
About the Company
Roland Berger’s reputation in the APAC region has been growing steadily in recent years, and the firm entered 2022with its sights firmly set on yet more growth, despite the pandemic—particularly in China, where its focus on serving firms operating within the local market sets it apart from many of its competitors.
As an employer, the firm seems to have mastered the trick of providing a consistent experience across multiple geographies—something that is no mean feat to accomplish. Insiders are very positive about the development opportunities on offer, including support for further education. Additionally, salary and general career progression seem to be on par with firms of similar standing, while opportunities work internationally are in abundance, making this the perfect choice for someone who wants to build a career in a global ...
- “Aside from early responsibility and engaging challenges and projects, there is a strong culture in which the colleagues are there to support and grow with you! They are people that you can have a laugh with, at the same time people that you can consult with as well.”
- “Due to its European origins, the company has a wealth of sustainability-related projects and knowledge.”
- “If you're looking for a challenging job and a steppingstone, this company is good for you to consider. After 2-3 years, might be good to have an exit plan.”
- “Our solution is very practical and executable, but not only a high-level direction. Also, we are showing full empathy, selling fishing but not only fish to the client, target bringing true value to client but not only finishing the project only according to the SOW at the beginning of the project.”
- “Roland Berger achieved climate neutrality in 2020, aiming for net zero emissions.”
Getting Hired Here
- “Diversity plays an important role in our selection process – we value diverse talents, strengths and perspectives; diverse teams create the most innovative and sustainable solutions.”
- “Interview and callback is very dependent on the firm needs. No ideal candidate, as long as the attitude matches and it passes interviews all rounds, then all good.”
- “Our company is looking for authentic winning personalities with an entrepreneurial spirit. As an interviewer, I try to understand what the candidate wants to achieve in their career and whether they fit our culture. As we work collaboratively with our colleagues and clients, personality is as important as logical thinking skill. Curiosity is also essential to maintain good performance on projects with a variety of clients.”
- “Roland Berger is looking for authentic winning personalities with entrepreneurial spirit – therefore, high importance of personality in interview process. Diversity is also super important and plays an important role in our selection process – Roland Berger values diverse talents, strengths and perspectives; diverse teams create the most innovative and sustainable solutions.”