Simon-Kucher is a global pricing, sales & marketing consultancy. Growth is at the center of everything Simon-Kucher does. As a consulting partner, the firm harnesses its people’s specialized, state-of-the-art monetization skills to sustainably grow clients’ profitability. As an employer, Simon-Kucher invests heavily in growing its people’s skills and providing myriad development opportunities.
Major Departments/Practice Areas
Major Office Locations
Let’s keep this simple: If pricing is your thing, or seems like it could be, then Simon-Kucher is probably the firm you’ve been looking for. There is no better firm out there in the pricing field, which is why an array of top brands consistently beat a path to its door—lately via Zoom—to get help with their strategies.
Additionally, if international opportunities are your thing, or seem like they could be, then put another check down next to SKP: as the world emerges from the grip of pandemic-enforced lockdowns, the opportunity to visit the firm’s global HQ in Germany, or do a six-month rotation at an international office is coming back around.
Finally, if plentiful training opportunities and a more reasonable approach to work-life balance are y...
About the Company
Simon-Kucher is a global consulting firm specializing in strategy, marketing, pricing, and sales. With about 2,000 employees and offices in 30 countries, their practice is built on evidence-based, practical strategies for profit improvement. The firm is regarded as the world's leading pricing advisor and thought leader, with 37 years of experience under its belt. In addition to pricing, Simon-Kucher works to streamline marketing and sales for clients, and assists them in developing corporate strategies. The company has conducted projects for clients in almost every country.
Unlike cost-cutting initiatives, Simon-Kucher’s work in growing clients’ revenue and profit has no natural limits. As long as consumers, technologies, and business environments keep changing, companies will need help with monetizing their products....
- “Best pricing consultancy worldwide, conducting more pricing projects than the top strategy consulting firms combined.”
- “For someone coming fresh out of school, it would be hard to find a better learning proposition in terms of a first job. You will learn a lot across a wide range of industries in a very short term and will be a much more sought-after candidate in the job market. The global aspect is also a strong benefit in terms of people starting out.”
- “Hours are reasonable, work is super interesting, you can get farther faster, and the culture is amazing. Plus, really international focused.”
- “It is consulting. you will have to work hard anywhere. But SKP makes it manageable with a great work/life balance and fun company culture. There will be responsibility for entry-level employees right away with the opportunity to move up what feels like pretty quickly.”
- “Our strongest positive is our company culture that is highly collaborative and supportive but also strongly rewards initiative. What is especially impressive is that this culture permeates across our global offices; it's not unique to one office. Consultants can also experience this firsthand by working with people in other offices, either remotely or even in person.”
Getting Hired Here
- “Firm is communicative with clear stages in mind. Ideal candidate is someone who is flexible and willing to learn with a good business sense and potentially an idea of what vertical they want to apply S&M strategy consulting to.”
- “Looking for individuals interested in consulting with strong business knowledge skills, analytical skills, and problem-solving ability. High interpersonal and communication skills also required.”
- “The interview process is straight-forward. First round interview is typically a 45 min interview (30 min case combined with ~15 min of behavioral questions) and the second round is a series of three 45 min case-based interviews, a short math test and a behavioral interview."
- “The interview and callback process took a little longer than I would have liked, but the same can be said of almost any other firm. The ideal candidate varies greatly in terms of education and experience between the job functions and expertise areas that SKP works in, however a commitment to integrity and high quality work, respect for their colleagues and themselves, and an articulate, analytical mind are ideal qualities.”
- “Usually a week or two for a callback; ideal candidate is someone that has an affinity for numbers and problem solving, able to think outside the box, able to draw insights from data, effective communicator, and able to work within a team.”